July 2019 - January 2020
31 January 2019
Restless Development is a UK registered International Non-Governmental Organisation that has been working in Nepal since 1991. Currently, Restless Development is implementing nine projects with different donors such as DFID, UNICEF, UNFPA, UN Women, National Postcode Lottery, etc. in over 35 districts across Nepal.
Restless Development Nepal is working in partnership with implementing partners and in this regard one of our major task is to support in capacity development of staff of partner organizations to strengthen their finance unit and thus will produce quality reports.
The objective of the task of having NOHA student in our department would be support to strengthen the work of finance department in management accounts, grants management and partners management.
Tasks and responsibilities
Support the finance team in building capacity of partner organizations by:
- Conducting financial monitoring visits to partner organizations office and review their expenses and financial reports.
- Support in training partner NGOs on budget, reporting and other financial procedures of Restless Development.
- Ensure that partner expenses are recorded in correct budget code.
- Track the funds advanced and expenditure reported by the partner NGO and resolve issues, gaps and variances.
- Working closely with partner organization to maintain a system, to reconcile the reports along with the transaction list as in system and to produce up to date quality reports.
- Support in developing reporting templates for partners which align with the donor budget.
The NOHA Student will be under the supervision of the Finance and Admin Manager. Further the student will be working together with Senior Finance Officers, Officers and interns.
Candidate profile & qualifications
- Good accounting knowledge
- Experience of working in projects with donors and implementing partners and
- Experience of producing financial reports and support in strengthening the work on finance unit
Week days lunch will be provided by the organization in the office.
Food, accommodation and transportation will be provided when field visit (based on organizational policy).
How to apply
Application form will be available between January 1st and January 31st, 2019 under this link. When applying, please upload your CV and Cover letter, as well as any additional documents specified below.
CV and motivation letter