As a first step towards setting up a fully-fledged NOHA Graduates Platform, NOHA is seeking enthusiastic candidates to become members of the Graduates Committee, a body which will oversee and coordinate activities of the Platform, with the support from the General Secretariat. Specific roles and responsibilities of particular positions within the Committee will be open for discussion and agreed upon during the first psychical meeting of the Committee. The Committee shall comprise five members.
Participation in the NOHA Graduates Committee is based on voluntary work, with NOHA contributing financially to the expenses incurred in the process.
Interested candidates are requested to submit their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 March, 2017, 11.59pm. The application should include the following documents:
- CV with indication of NOHA home/host university,
- Motivation & vision statement,
- Endorsements from at least 5 fellow NOHA graduates*.
* Endorsement should take the form of a written statement from a fellow NOHA graduate which contains signature, his/her email address and an indication of home university and cohort year.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be NOHA graduates;
- Be accessible electronically;
- Be willing to work with the Network/universities and to voluntarily contribute time for meetings and activities (on average 1 day of work per month; participation in at least one face-to-face meeting per year and quarterly online meetings)
- Show enthusiasm and ability to motivate and engage other graduates/students;
- Have good interpersonal and communication skills.
Applications will be reviewed and successful candidates will be selected by an ad hoc working group comprised of representatives of the NOHA Board of Directors, NOHA Coordinators and the NOHA General Secretariat. Selection for future vacancies in the Graduates Committee will be conducted by the standing Committee Members.
In the selection procedure, the following criteria will be ensured:
- diverse level of experience, with two of the selected Committee members having at least 5 years of professional experience,
- gender balance,
- diversity in representation of graduates’ cohorts and home universities.
Selection decision will be communicated by April 14, 2017. The first meeting of the NOHA Graduates Committee will be convened in mid-May 2017, in a location decided upon at a later stage.